"In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him, and He Shall Direct Thy Paths." Proverbs 3:6 KJV


Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year for Running

Happy New Year 2011! The Start of Another Year! Time to Celebrate!

But, what does that really mean?

Many of us hope that it gives us a chance to make a new start...a starting point to put into action plans that will help us to reach certain goals. But, I thought about that today. And, you know, God gives us every morning to make a new start. We shouldn't wait until a whole year passes if we are not happy with the path we are walking in our life. Every day, we can take a step toward something better! We might even want to consider running this year!

It is important that we seek God's Will when we work toward goals. Since He has our Master Plan, He will know whether our plans will hinder His or further His along. And, His plans are always perfect!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~NIV Jeremiah 29:11-13

Daily, I have to remind myself to look to Him when I am making all of my plans. If only I would remember that He has something better in mind for me, than I have in my simple little mind. Time after time, He has blessed me when I looked to Him for guidance.

One of my favorite female vocalists is Teri DeSario. Teri sings a wonderful song called "Time After Time." Somehow, I believe our Lord would be pleased if we thought of Him that way ... if we came running Home to Him, time after time. If we call on Him, He will be right by our side.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxtwpFZxtc4&feature=related


"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. ~NIV Isaiah 40:27-31

With a God like that how can we not CELEBRATE! We should want to RUN To HIM! Let's Celebrate "every morning, noon and night...the gift of life He's given us!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nmkRfSQKJI&feature=more_related


So, let's CELEBRATE 2011 and make it a Year for Running! Running to Him ... for our hope and our future is in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment