"In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him, and He Shall Direct Thy Paths." Proverbs 3:6 KJV


Monday, December 6, 2010

The Way-ting Game

As Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers sing "You take it on faith, you take it to the heart, the waiting is the hardest part." Even when your faith is strong, waiting on the Lord to answer your prayer can be difficult. However, when we realize we gain our strength from HIM, then it becomes more bearable.


Lately, it seems everything has been a waiting game. Not only that...in this fast-paced world we live in...we tend to have to first HURRY UP and then Wait.


For instance, you rush to get to the store to buy your gifts; Only to find yourself standing in a line of people checking out with their purchases. Or maybe, you have met Mr. Right. But, he isn't looking for Mrs. Right or you're not his . Perhaps, you are ready to start a new career but your health is holding you back. There are so many situations where individuals believe that they are supposed to be making progress in their life but things are not moving forward as they'd like.


It's when I find myself in one of these or similar situations that I wonder whether I'm not really playing what I call The Weighting Game.


Am I placing more weight ... more value... on things or situations that God would prefer I let Him attend to? God knows what His plan is/was for me and can do more to see that I have the joy He intends for me. It is important when I pray to always weigh in what God desires in my life.


No matter what ...if we trust Him as our Lord and Saviour, we find ourselves in The Way-ting Game. We have the Joy of knowing Him! And, this ...though truly no game at all...is the most wonderful place to be. For Jesus Christ our Lord is The Way, The Truth and The Life.


And, even when waiting is difficult, it becomes bearable because of Him! As Chris Tomlin sings, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord!"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8jLpv-iKyA&feature=more_related



Isaiah 40:31 - "But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

No comments:

Post a Comment